¾ cup raw cacao
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
3/4 cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour
(I like Bob’s Red Mill GF Mix)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 eggs (or chia eggs)
3 cups fresh spinach
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cups pecans
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Melt oil and blend with cacao; set aside and allow to cool slightly.
• Blend eggs, vanilla and fresh spinach in a high speed blender.
• In bowl whisk together coconut sugar, GF flour, salt and baking soda.
• Combine spinach/egg mix with chocolate and oil. Make a well and add all the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until combined.
• Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into 8×8 greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly; cut into squares and eat while warm or freeze for later.
Scary Zombie Fingers
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
2 tsp spirulina
12 pitted dates
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp orange extract
For beet blood:
2 tbsp brown rice syrup
1 tsp beet powder
½ tsp spirulina
In a food processor, combine walnuts, almonds and spirulina. Blend until fine.
Continue processing and add pitted dates, one at a time.
Add vanilla and orange extracts and process until dough forms a ball.
To form creepy fingers, take 2 oz portions and roll with your hands.
Score the knuckles with a knife and brush lightly with blood syrup.
To make this syrup, combine brown rice syrup, beet powder, and spirulina. Mix until smooth.
Use slivered almonds for nails by dipping each piece into the blood and securing them on the zombie fingers.
Halloween Apple Fangs
1 tbsp beet blood
2 tbsp blanched almond pieces
Nordic Omega 3 Gummy worms
Begin by cutting your apple in half. Cut each half into thirds, and remove the core from each third.
Carefully remove the back portion on the back of the apple slice. Slather some of the beet blood into each opening.
For bloody fangs, dip blanched almond pieces into the beet blood and stick them into the opening forming to form fangs.
For presentation, serve with some Nordic Omega 3 gummy worms and excite your trick or treaters with this healthy snack.